We will be talking to Tom Gilb about his book Life Design. We will start by discussing what principles are, why we need them, and how does one arrive at principles.
Then we will be going through each of the 10 Principles and seeing them as a System. Please read his 10 principles of life design below and come prepared to ask your questions. **** LIFE DESIGN PRINCIPLES
1. If your life goals are unclearly specified, you are unlikely to reach them.
2. If even one single life goal is unclear then it is that goal which will be your problem.
3. Life plans should be implemented evolutionarily so you can adjust to them when you get unexpected results in practice.
4. A life plan will allow you to take the maximum advantage of desirable opportunities and it will help you to avoid problems.
5. You have a choice; plan your life – or be pushed around by it.
6. Happiness is reaching your goals; a systematic plan will improve the probability of reaching your goals, as well as helping you find realistic goal levels and plans.
7. Ideals cannot always be reached and plans cannot always be kept, but ”life planning” will improve your chances of achieving both of these things.
8. Life is too complex to follow a formal design perfectly but life is so vital to us that its very complexity insists on a formal plan.
9. If you don’t plan to control your life, then your life will control you.
10. You are the only one who can plan your life: if you don’t, then other peoples plans will mess it up.
Copyright 1982 by Tom Gilb. source Life Design book manuscript—reproduced with permission. [email protected]
See all the upcoming Daily Zoom Meetups at a Glance here: https://www.meetup.com/52LivingIdeas/...
1. Fill in the form to Schedule a meeting with us.
2. We discuss your company's product development challenges and suggest a plan to drastically improve it.
3. We train your people and we execute the plan together.